Lorelai and Rory go to the Gilmore mansion for Friday night dinner, and there is a fight. Luke is still getting to know April.
Live Like a Gilmore:
"Dress crazy" to a lunch date with your friends
Eat Like a Gilmore:
Taylor's European hot Chocolate
- 4 oz. high-quality bittersweet chocolate (at least 60–70% cocoa solids)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1½ tsp. sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine the cream, milk, and sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Heat the dairy, stirring occasionally, over medium to medium-high heat until hot but not boiling, approximately 190–200°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Still off the heat, add the chocolate to the hot milk mixture in several small batches while whisking. When all the chocolate is added, whisk vigorously to be sure that all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is homogeneous and smooth.
- Pour into a serving vessel or individual cups. Whipped cream may be served on the side as an optional topping.
Dress Like a Gilmore:
Striped skirt with solid top.